Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Home

We arrived back in Arizona on Sunday night. I am still jet lagged, though not too bad.

Most of us had a good half-day in Jinghong befor we had to depart for the airport. We bought an additional suitcase to better handle all of our purchases. I thought we got a pretty good one, though by the time the LAX airport was done with it the wheels were gone and the lock was broken. (The lock might have been my fault, since you are allowed to lock suitcases in Asia, and I may have forgotten to remove the lock at LAX.) And Mr. Lin had arranged transportation for us to the Jinghong Airport, which worked out OK.

Quite a few people commented on what a great field trip we had, despite a few hiccups. I agree. It was a very memorable and once-in-a-lifetime experience, that required a lot of work on the part of Mr. Lin and the conference organizers at Sun Yat-sen University. We are thankful to their many efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home